Loki ➙ Heartbroken
Notice that all these scenes involve his mother?
- Odin said he would never get to meet Frigga again.
- After admitting that Frigga isn’t his mother and he reaches to touch her hand but she slowly disappears.
- After Thor said Frigga trusted him but he didn’t.
- Thor says “what help of you in the cell?” after Malekith’s attack resulting in Frigga’s death.
- After Loki said Frigga wouldn’t be surprised if they fought again.
His most honest, raw emotions always involve interactions with - or memories of - his mother.
"There’s nothing more reassuring than realizing that the world is crazier than you are”.
#that’s what you get for laughing at your fucking prince #in a feudal society#i don’t think people realize this scene was meant#to show how Loki deals with incessant disrespect#with wit and humor and a streak of stern coldness#because those are his strengths in a world that does not fully value them